Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 5

  This week I will stray from my regularly scheduled phsycobabble and redirect my attention to the lighter side of advertising. I am a fan, as I am sure alot of you are, of comedic ads. Unfortunately, advertisements can sometimes fail to properly market a product because the message can become lost in the comedy.
  Below is an of example of  a well done message that use comedy and market the product.
  I believe the message is good because the product is not lost. It is amusing because for one, no one really rides a conveyor belt to get a drink, but this guy loves pepsi so much he will wait to become the bottle, and two his face is pure joy. So, the product is not lost and there is a sense of humor to the ad. Furthermore, the ad only has the logo in the corner, it uses no other words. The happy expression of the guy waiting for his fill is enough to say the message without words. Well done pepsi. Other cute or amusing ads from pepsi can be found at http://www.desicolours.com/funny-pepsi-adverts/06/06/2008 .
  I included two vidoes that also market the product well and the messages are not lost in the humor. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment